What will you find on the student guide ?
- academic calendar
- procedures and instructions about the registration, the insurance and the immigration
- how to open a bank account
- campus life and facilities
- useful links and information for your stay in France and in Evry
We invite you to read the document before your arrival in France to prepare your travel and to know all the formalities.
Your arrival in France
Two months before your arrival in France you will get:
- the planning for the Orientation Day
- the schedule of the French Intensive Classes
- the details for the pick-up at the airport
- a list of things you have to do before your departure and the documents you have to bring with you
The Welcom! Association will be in charge of the pick-up, they will help you settle in and will propose you activities during your stay at Telecom SudParis.
Students must be present for the Orientation Day and must participate to the Intensive French Classes (3 weeks).
During the Orientation Day:
- there is presentation of the school and the administrative staff members
- we give to you the different procedures you have to do when you arrive (registration, immigration, insurance...)
- you get your student card and the access to the TSP system (login and password)
- you have a tour of the campus and the city...
The 3-week Intensive French Classes start the second week of September and it is free of charge. Before you start the classes, there is a test in order to evaluate your level and to make the groups.
More information about the Orientation Day and the French classes will be sent during the Summer.
Accommodation: MAISEL (Maisel des Elèves) Residence
International students can be accommodated on-campus or off-campus. It is not an obligation to stay in our residence, but we highly recommend staying on-campus because of the facilities and the cost.
More about our residence
The International Relations Office reserves a room for international students. Students are requested to confirm the reservation by making an online reservation and by paying a down-payment of 200 euros.
For more information about the MAISEL and the reservation procedure, please consult the website.
There are a huge range of student residence in Evry or around (Paris).
If you want to stay outside the campus, in Evry or anywhere else, be aware that you will be requested to pay a deposit equal to 2 to 3 months of rent.
If you use a realtor to find a flat to share with your friends or for a studio, it is an obligation to have a guarantor who must be a French citizen. You also have to pay extra charges and an important deposit.
If you find an accommodation with a private owner, be careful of the renting conditions. Sometimes, they are more flexible than the realtor.
If you need help or advice, do not hesitate to contact the International Relations Office.
Visa and Immigration procedure
If you want to study in France and obtain a visa, you must use the CEF procedure. To know if your country is concerned about this procedure, please refer to their website.
You have to open a personal account and create a file. Once you receive our admission offer letter, the French Consulate will consult the information on the CEF system to deliver or not the student visa.
Telecom SudParis has to confirm your admission on the CEF system, so, do not forget to give us your applicant number when you finish your application.
To study in France for more than 90 days, you must hold a Long Stay Visa for 6 months or 1 year. The immigration procedure must be done the first month of your stay in France.
The International Relations Office will help you for this procedure.
Instructions and procedures are detailed on the student guide.