Personalized tutoring throughout the entire course in the field of research that interests you, provided by a Telecom SudParis researcher, with:
- Privileged access to research teams at the Samovar laboratory (attend research seminars, meet PhD students, postdoctoral students and researchers, access to research platforms).
- Help in creating your professional research project, specifically for your choice of teaching units, projects, internships and third-year curriculum.
- Integration into a network of researchers, both on a national and international level.
Development of practical skills and experience through research, via:
- Projects and internships offered throughout the entire program.
- High-level teaching enabling you to acquire disciplinary knowledge and research-specific methodology.
- Integration into a very rich research ecosystem, including the Samovar laboratory, research hub at Telecom SudParis, laboratories at the other schools of Institut Polytechnique de Paris and the laboratories of excellence at the Saclay platform (Digicosme and Hadamard in particular) as well as the research Master’s at IP Paris and two doctoral schools (Hadamard for mathematics and IP Paris for STIC).
A course that combines training in engineering and in research
⇒ A solid foundation of knowledge in all areas of digital technology
⇒ A comprehensive general engineering course with high-level discipline-specific knowledge and research methodologies
⇒ Progressive training through research, allowing engineers to continue with a PhD, if they wish, or to work in a research and development environment
A 3-year pathway that combines research and digital technology
The Research pathway: personalized tutoring and choices of internship and teaching units to train through research. For example:
- Become a part of life in a research team through your tutor.
- Discover the functioning of a research laboratory (in the School or elsewhere)
- Discover the functioning of an R&D department
- Start to understand the research ecosystem
- Possibility to carry out the CASSIOPEE project (fr) on a research subject via a Samovar researcher or a partner laboratory
- Possibility of a research internship during summer (10 – 12 weeks) either in a Samovar research team or at an international partner.
- Option 1: Advanced study pathway (VAP) in 1st semester + VAP project (225 hrs) on a research subject + internship (24 weeks) in an industrial or academic research laboratory (on the condition of having completed a previous industrial internship of at least 14 weeks). This option offers the opportunity to continue with a PhD in an industrial context (CIFRE agreement).
- Option 2: second-year research Master’s at IP Paris + internship (24 weeks) in an industrial or academic research laboratory (on the condition of having completed a previous industrial internship of at least 14 weeks). This option offers the opportunity to continue with a PhD in an academic or industrial context